Website Equinox Hotels
For Those Who Want It All
The Aesthetician performs various types of aesthetic treatments to ensure spa guests have an extraordinary experience. The Aesthetician handles all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
* Creates and fosters a positive and professional environment for spa guests by performing a wide range of treatments according to specialty area.
* Assures the appropriate level of communication transpires between the Aesthetician and the spa guest during treatment.
* Maintains a clean and organized work space in compliance with local health codes and regulations.
* Develop and maintain thorough knowledge and skills in all spa services, tools, equipment, and products offered.
* Maintain thorough knowledge of and adherence to all procedures, protocols, and standards of Hotel and The Spa.
* Effectively inquire, assess, inform, explain, educate and provide treatment addressing guest/client specific needs and concerns, and, when applicable, the contraindications restricting or preventing treatment.
* Effectively advocate to spa guest/client additional services and products of interest or benefit to them.
* Participate in and successfully complete all training, education, and certifications required by The Spa.
* Collaborate, cooperate, and contribute to the success of all spa personnel and operations and effectively perform all tasks requested or assigned by management.
* Complies with all Work Rules, Safety Standards and Standards of Conduct as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
* Works harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
* May be assigned other duties at the discretion of management.
Physical, Social and Environmental Requirements
* Demonstrate previous aesthetician and/or other spa work experience and strong work ethic and reliability.
* Demonstrate strong customer service and/or sales experience and/or ability to promote and sell services and products.
* Demonstrate energy and enthusiasm, motivation and motivational ability.
* Demonstrate professional manner, oral and written communication, discretion, and appearance.
* Demonstrate ability to successfully collaborate, cooperate, and contribute to the organization and to colleagues.
* The following physical abilities are required: visual acuity, hearing, speaking, tactile sense; moving, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, turning, placing and manipulating objects and/or the human body, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination; balancing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, turning, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, repetitive motions, standing, sitting, and/or walking throughout the work day.
Skills, Education and/or Certifications
* High school diploma/GED
* Ability to read, write and speak English
* One to two years’ in a similar role
* Possess valid and current licenses, certifications, and/or credentials required by New York State for massage therapy
To apply for this job please visit equinox-hotels-careers.vibehcm.com.